The use of chlorine products for infection control has a long and successful history in the medical arena. The earliest records date back to the 18thCentury, when chlorine gas was used for fumigation in hospitals. But it was in the mid to late 19thCentury when chlorine became pre-eminent as a hospital disinfectant, and its wide use continues today. Akrosept disinfectant tablets provide today’s answer, with their superior activity over traditional hypochlorite’s, coupled with their safe and simple application.
The term Disinfection is applied to a chemical agent which destroys or inhibits the growth of pathogenic microorganisms inthe non-sporing or vegetative state. Disinfectants do not necessarily kill all microorganisms, but reduce them to a level that is harmful to neither health nor the quality of perishable goods. The term is used for agents used to treat inanimate objects and materials, and may also be applied to agents used to treat the skin and other body membranes and cavities.
High-Level Disinfectants can be expected to destroy all microorganisms, with the exception of high numbers of spores. Intermediate-Level Disinfectants inactivate mycobacterium tuberculosis, vegetative
bacteria, most viruses, and most fungi, but do not necessarily kill bacterial spores. Low-Level Disinfectants can kill most bacteria, some viruses, and some fungi, but cannot be relied on to kill resistant microorganisms such as tubercule bacilli or bacterial spores.
Akrosept Disinfectant tablets can reasonably be deduced to have a wide spectrum disinfectant effect, which is suitable for use for High, Intermediate and Low-Level Disinfection. Akrosept Tablets are effervescent disinfectant tablets which, when added to water, release disinfectant solutions at known and reliable in-use strengths. The tablets utilises the ingredient Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate (NaDCC), which is an organic chlorine donor that releases the active compound Hypochlorous Acid. NaDCC is not a
hypochlorite. Its chemistry and mode of action in solution is significantly different than hypochlorite, giving an activity that is substantially more effective than hypochlorite, particularly where there may be organic contamination.They are Proven, Practical & Convenient Approach to Hard-Surface Disinfection.
Akrosept Tablets dissolve rapidly in water to produce a rapid acting, wide spectrum disinfectant solution effective against:
• Vegetative Bacteria
• Bacterial Spores including Tubercle bacilli, HBV, HIV, Hepatitis B and Herpes Virus
Advantages of using Akrosept Tablets:
• Akrosept Tablets take hard surface disinfection beyond the confines of hypochlorites. A complete biocidal spectrum based on the unique action of NaDCC Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate ensures highly effective disinfection even in the presence of blood or other organic matter.
• Akrosept Tablets have demonstrable wide spectrum activity, verified for high, intermediate and low-level disinfection.
• With long term stability in storage, full activity is guaranteed right up to the moment of use. In every Hospital/Nursing Home, Akrosept Tablets provide a practical, convenient and rational approach to disinfection.
• Akrosept Tablets provide better activity in the presence of organic matter than hypochlorites and may be used with confidence for all body fluid spillages. They provide better resistance to organic solids than hypochlorites
• Akrosept Tablets provide better biocidal activity thanhypochlorites.
• Akrosept Tablets are stable and compact instorage, ensuring full biocidal activity up to the monment of use.
• Akrosept Tablets are safe, simple and provide accurate preparation
• Akrosept Tablets are convenient, reliable, economical & easy to use for the staff
• Akrosept Tablets take up little storage space,when compared to liquids. They do not spill or leak, and are safe and easy to transport.
• Akrosept Tablets are compatible with certain detergents.
• Akrosept Tablets provide Rapid Action
• Akrosept Tablets have a long shelf life of 24 Months.
Dilution and Usage/Application of Akrosept Tablets:
Dissolve one tablet in 2 Litres of Water to get 140 PPM of available Chlorine strength.
Solution prepared from Akrosept Tablets are suitable for disinfection of:
• Working Surfaces
• Equipment in:
-All Hospital Depar ents
-Maternity Units (Disinfection of Baby Bottles and Feeding Utensils)
Storage of Akrosept Tablets:
• Store in a dry place below 25 in the Original Container
• Store out of direct sunlight
• Replace cap firmly between uses.
• Use all tablets within 1 month of opening of bottle
Caution while using Akrosept Tablets:
• Not to be taken internally.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Incase of eye contact, irrigate with copious
amount of water.
• Dispose used Akrosept Solution to drain or as per Hospital Policy
• Akrosept solution will degrade in the environment through Chemical Activity Composition & Packing of Akrosept Tablets:
• Each Akrosept Tablet contains NaDCC Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate 500mg
• 50 Tablets of 500mg each packed in a Plastic Container/Bottle.